Welcome to the 2016 Art Adoption
(formerly known as our Art Challenge)
RULES AND GUIDELINES
- To complete TWO (6” X 6”X 1.5” Canvases) with a related theme.
- This is a NON-Juried show.
- Once you have paid, you are a participant.
- WALK IN REGISTRATION ONLY.
- Registration starts Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 9:00AM until sold out.
12505 NW Cornell Road (next to the Cedar Mill Library) Portland, Oregon 97229
- Cash and Checks preferred. Credit Cards ok.
- Another person can pay the registration and pick up the canvases for you with written permission from the artist at the bottom of the registration form.
- Walk in registration only. Cash ad checks preferred. Credit cards ok.
- Registration must be completed in person at The Village Gallery of Arts. Once you have completed all forms and paid, you are in! You may take your canvas kit home with you.
- Art Adoption is open to the public of all ages.
- Artist receives 70% of the sold price of art work.
- All artwork must be original and produced only by the registered artist – no collaborations.
- Sold canvases will stay in the gallery for the duration of the show.
- Artist must return ALL completed pieces to the gallery on or before Saturday, April 30, 2016 by 3:00pm.
- The show opens to the public on May 3rd, at 10:00 am.
- After show pick up is Sunday May 29 at noon.
- All art must be for sale.
- Registrants not following protocol will have their pieces removed from the show.
- Your canvas set must share a theme. Example: Beach, Angels, Flowers, Animals etc.
- All pieces must be of the same medium. Example: watercolor, mixed media, encaustic, etc.
- You may add a substrate to the front or back of the canvas.
- Your Canvases will hang vertically on the wall with one inch between each canvas.
- Canvases must be priced between $25 and $50 per piece. You can create a group price with both canvases (maximum amount of $100).
- Your canvas kist will include 2 primed canvases, rules, inventory page, and other important information.
- Artist must return ALL completed pieces to the gallery on or before Saturday, April 30, 2016 by 3:00 PM
- The show opens to the public on May 3rd, at 10:00 AM.
- Art pick up: (sold and unsold) May 29, 2016 at noon.
Sunday, May 8, 2016 from 2 PM to 4 PM.
This is our 7th year of production of this art event, formerly known as the Art Challenge. This annual show brings in over 1,000 patrons throughout the month of May. The funds raised in 2016 will be used for general gallery expenses, like power and heating. For over 50 years, this gallery is run on 100% volunteer power.
Address:1 2505 NW Cornell Road #14 (next to the Cedar Mill Library) Portland, Oregon 97229
Gallery Phone: 503-644-8001
Hours: Monday thru Saturday: 10am – 4pm, Sunday: noon-4pm
Questions? Contact Shelley Lebel at 503/333-1215 or email email@example.com
Art Adoption Registration/Guidelines documents will be available soon for download.
We are NOT accepting mailed in registrations.
You MUST be at the gallery in person, on February 27th, 10am, to register to get your canvas.
Enter to win a free Canvas Kit
Throughout the month of February we will be holding weekly drawings to win a free registration/canvas kit to participate in the May 2016 Art Adoption Show. There are two ways to enter.
COMMENT ON FACEBOOK
During the month of February 2016. Answer the ART ADOPTION QUESTION OF THE DAY posted daily between February 1 and 29th for a chance to win. For every day you comment on the question, you get a chance to win.
WALK INTO THE GALLERY AND ENTER TO WIN AT THE FRONT DESK.
Fill out the free drawing card and drop in the box at the front desk.
At the end of each week in February we will combine the names and randomly draw a winner. Each week the winner’s name will be announced on FaceBook and in the gallery.