Art Challenge 2017
Call to Visual Artists
Art Challenge is our major fundraiser for our gallery.
We still have canvases available for $8.00 each. So far this year we have over 120 artists participating. To pick up your canvas please visit the Gallery during gallery hours and register at the front desk.
Our gallery is a non-profit outfit and is for artists and is run by artists.
The Art Challenge show opens on May 1, 2017 at 10am and the last day of the show is June 3, 2017 with doors closing at 4pm.
- Reception: May 14, 2017 12pm to 4pm.
- Each piece of wall art will be for sale for $40 with $30 going to the artist.
- This is a cash and carry event where the art comes off the wall immediately and goes home with the buyer.
- Entry fee is $8 per canvas, minimum of 1 canvas per artist, maximum of 5 per artist
- This is a cash and carry purchase event, where the buyer takes home the canvas(es) the moment it is purchased. The volunteer curators will maximize the wall space with as many pieces as possible. If VGA can’t fit all the art work on the walls for the first day of opening, we will put up any unseen artwork the moment a piece gets sold.
- VGA board of directors has purposely and thoughtfully changed the hanging and structure of this event to generate more interest in art purchases.
- The gallery cannot guarantee the sale of your art.
How to Register.
- You need to register in person at the Village Gallery
- Pick up your canvas at time of registration, we still have canvases available
12505 NW Cornell Road (next to the Cedar Mill Library) Portland, Oregon 97229
- Drop off canvases by April 29, 2017
Sunday, May 14, 2017 from 12 PM to 4 PM.
This is our 8th year of production of this art event. This annual show brings in over 1,000 patrons throughout the month of May. The funds raised in 2017 will be used for general gallery expenses, like power and heating. For over 50 years, this gallery is run on 100% volunteer power.
Address:1 2505 NW Cornell Road #14 (next to the Cedar Mill Library) Portland, Oregon 97229
Gallery Phone: 503-644-8001
Hours: Monday thru Saturday: 10am – 4pm, Sunday: noon-4pm
Questions? Contact Shelley Lebel at 503-333-1215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org