Annual Art Challenge May 2014
The 2014 Art Challenge – time to start creating art!
If you have questions please contact Contact Shelley Lebel.
To complete four (6 Inch X 6 Inch X 1.5 Inch Canvases) and/or a 24mm X 48 mm jewelry pendant in the month of April.
This is a NON-Juried show. Once you have paid, you are in participating in this Art Challenge.
Your canvas and/or jewelry kit will be available for pick up starting March 29th at 10am at the gallery
History of the Art Challenge: This is our 5th year of production of the Art Challenge. This annual show brings in 1,000 buyers throughout the month of May. Last year 209 canvases and 17 jewelry pieces sold. The funds raised are used for gallery improvements. This 50 year old gallery is run on 100% volunteer power.
The artist receives 75% commission on any art sold. The funds raised are used for gallery improvements.
Artist Reception: May 6, 2014 from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Address: 12505 NW Cornell Road #14 (next to the Cedar Mill Library) Portland, Oregon 97229
Gallery Phone: 503/644-8001
Hours: Tuesday thru Saturday: 10am – 4pm, Sunday: noon-4pm
Questions? Contact Shelley Lebel, project coordinator or cell: 503/333-1215 (canvases)
Ree Lesher (jewelry) at 971/570-3018
OR email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
View past entry photos on our FACEBOOK Page
- All work MUST be created during the month of April 2014.
- No registrations forms will be accepted without the paid entry fee. Once you have paid, you are in!
- The Art Challenge is open to gallery non-members, members of all ages, including children and students.
- Artist receives 75% of the sold price of art work.
- All artwork must be original and produced only by the registered artist – no collaborations.
- Sold canvases/jewelry will stay in the gallery for the duration of the show.
- Artist must return ALL completed pieces to the gallery before or on Saturday, May 3rd by 3:00 PM
- The show opens to the public on May 6th, at 10:00 AM.
- After show pick up is May 31st.
- Registrants not following protocol will have their pieces removed from the show.
- All 4 canvases must share a theme. Example: Beach, Angels, Flowers, Animals, etc.
- All pieces must be of the same medium (example: watercolor, mixed media, encaustic, etc.)
- You may add a substrate to the front or back of the canvas.
- Your 4 canvases will hang vertically on the wall with one inch between each canvas.
- Canvases must be priced between $20 and $60 per piece. You can create a group price with all 4 canvases.
- Your canvas kit will include 4 primed canvases, rules, inventory page, and other important information.
- BE CREATIVE! Paint, sculpt, fuse and bead away!
- Your jewelry kit will include: a pendant base in a random metal color. A matching chain is included but you are encouraged to make your own necklace. Also rules, an inventory page and other important information.
- The jewelry will be displayed as a group show – all in the same area.
- Jewelry must be priced between $20 and $50 per piece.