Donating to Village Gallery of Arts
Every gift makes a difference in building and sustaining the Village Gallery of Arts in the Portland, Oregon area. We ask that your gift be personally meaningful to you and reflect your commitment to our mission: to promote professional and emerging artists by offering high quality affordable art education to children and adults, and provide a gallery for our members to display and sell their work.
Because our budget consists of a healthy mix of earned revenue as well as the continued generous support of Portland area businesses and residents, 100% of our donations are devoted to the support of our mission.
Read our end-of-year appeal to stay informed and support creativity. Together we will provide the learning environment for Portland area artists.
Funds You Can Contribute To
- The General Fund helps cover day to day operating costs.
- This includes, but not limited to: rent, utilities, operating supplies, website and communications expenses, and contract professionals, i.e. accountant, lawyer.
- The management and distribution of the General Fund is regulated by the VGA Board of Directors
- This Legacy Fund is the Village Gallery of Arts “rainy day” fund to guarantee the organization’s long-term viability and help us weather any fiscal emergency.
- The management and distribution of the Legacy Fund is regulated by the VGA Board of Directors
- The money collected will be conservatively invested for long-term growth and tracked separately from the General Fund.
Gallery Improvement Fund
- This Gallery Improvement Fund will be used to collect all monies targeted towards improving the gallery.
- This includes, but not limited to: building improvements, fixtures, lighting, furniture and art hanging system.
- The management and distribution of the Gallery Improvement Fund is regulated by the VGA Board of Directors
Your donation can provide much needed support for the Village Gallery of Arts. Many companies have an employee matching program to make your donation go farther. Check with your employer to see if your company offers a matching gift program.
Recognition of your Gift/Donation will be recognized for ONE calendar year (January through December)
|Listed as a Contributor on Web Page||
|Listed as a Contributor in Monthly Newsletter||
|Your name will be placed on the gallery wall during May (when we host our popular Annual Art Challenge event and over 2000 people visit our gallery)||
|Your name will be placed on the gallery wall for 1 year. The location of the name recognition will be determined by the Board of Directors.||